This program offers methods and insights for understanding and writing compellingly about images, objects and spaces. Clear thinking, deep research and engaging expression are vital skills in any creative industry.
By the end of the two weeks, participants will have completed several pieces of writing, formulated ideas for stories, and garnered a robust set of tools and approaches for writing authoritatively and imaginatively about design.
Due to increased demand, we are excited to offer a new on-site option for this year's Summer Intensive. In addition to online instruction from our renowned faculty, on-site participants will receive desk space in our bright and airy studio in the heart of Manhattan. So if you’re in the New York area or would like to be, we invite you to live in the department this June.
On-site perks include:
- 24/7 studio desk and printer access
- In-person studio visits to New York design firms
- Roundtable talk with DCrit faculty member and design writer Steven Heller
- Opportunity to observe editors of publication-in-residence The New York Review of Architecture produce their Summer issue #36
- Meet fellow in-person participants and explore the city
- Free access to SVA-partner museums