MA Design Research, Writing and Criticism Open House with Tandem NYC
Midterms—exams AND elections—will be over, and no matter the outcome, we’ll be forging ahead here at MA Design Research, Writing & Criticism! So please join us for a blockbuster Open House featuring short presentations by alumni, faculty, and members of the design community who are engaging directly with design as a tool for political action.
- Special Guests Scott Starrett, Shaun Gillen and Maria Arenas/Tandem NYC, the designers behind NY-14 congressional candidate Alexandria Ocasio Cortez’s campaign identity.
- NEW Faculty! Spencer Bailey/Editor-at-Large, Phaidon
- Faculty member Leital Molad/Executive Producer Podcasts, First Look Media
- Faculty member Akiko Busch/Author, Incidental Steward
- Class of 2018 MA Anja Laubscher/Content Strategist, Google
- Alum Snaphots: From Lynda Decker (Decker Design, AIGA Women Lead); Tara Gupta Dabir (FutureBrand), and more!
Following the presentations, you’re invited to stay for a reception in our studio where prospective students and curious minds can chat with alums, faculty, and current students to learn more about our program, tour the department, or simply debate the role of design in today’s world!
Doors 6:00 p.m.
Program 6:15 p.m.
Image credit: Courtesy Tandem NYC