SVA MA Design Research, Writing and Criticism Open House
Considering pursuing graduate study in design research? Passionate about storytelling in multiple media? Interested in the contexts and consequences of design?
You’ll want to join us on Tuesday, October 21 for an evening of insights and information about the new one-year SVA MA in Design Research. Program faculty, students, and alumni will speak about the ways they use critical research techniques in their work, and about the value of research in design practice, curation, education, and publishing. Then we can discuss your own goals for graduate study, tour the department and continue the conversation over drinks and refreshments.
Presentations by, and Q&A with, program chair, faculty, alumni, and students, including:
- Alice Twemlow, design historian and critic, chair, SVA Department of Design Research, Writing & Criticism;
- Daniela Fabricius, architectural historian and theorist. Teaches: Cultural Theory & Thesis Development;
- Adam Harrison Levy, author, Design Observer contributor, BBC producer and interviewer. Teaches: Research & Writing 1;
- Matthew Worsnick, architectural historian and designer. Teaches: History of Design, Architecture and Urbanism;
- Tiffany Lambert, Class of 2013, associate curator at Cooper Hewitt Design Museum and managing editor at PIN-UP magazine;
- Anne Quito, Class of 2014, design writer and director of Design Lab (Read a transcript of her talk here).
Department tours, drinks, and refreshments